Buckingham, Chapel, Moreton Road

Copyright © Kevin Quick. Photo taken 2004


The Chapel situated in Moreton Road is currently a Salvation Army Citadel. It was built as a Baptist Chapel in 1842 at a cost of £940, which was raised by public subscription. In 1876, after a relatively short life, the Baptist Church closed. The building was subsequently used in 1876 as a Board School. In 1903 the Primitive Methodists acquired the building and it was known as the Ebenezer Chapel. The building changed hands once again in 1909 becoming the property of J. R. Gough, Esq. Finally, in 1916 the Salvation Army became owners.


Buying a prints of photos on this web site  To Bucks Church Photos  To Bucks Village Photo Page  To Beds Church Photos  To Beds Village Photos  Buckinghamshire Genealogical Society