Buckingham, Independent 'Old Meeting House', Well Street

Copyright © Kevin Quick. Photo taken 2004


The 'Old Meeting House' was built in 1726 for the Independents to use. In 1792 a schism split the members, and a number left to form their own church in Church Street (it was at this point the building became known as the 'Old Meeting House'). From 1844 to 1876 the building was used to house Buckingham's British School, and for a period up until 1916 the Salvation Army used it as their citadel. Subsequently the building has been used for a number of different purposes, the last of which was as a garage. Presently the building is disused.


Buying a prints of photos on this web site  To Bucks Church Photos  To Bucks Village Photo Page  To Beds Church Photos  To Beds Village Photos  Buckinghamshire Genealogical Society